Recent obsession: NEON! It’s bold, its fun, its potent, and its SEXY! We saw splashes of this bright, daring hue all over the spring runways. From Oscar De La Renta, to Nanette Lepore, to Jason Wu, to Luca Luca, NEON made major headlines.
image via: instylewithstylebabe.com
image via: jonesmagazine.com
Because spring is all about COLOR, wearing a head-to-toe neon ensemble won’t be considered a bit much, but rather, you’ll be making a statement the second you walk in to a room. But if you’re not feeling so daring, pair some fun neon pieces with more muted tones such as whites or browns, or enhance the look even further by contrasting it with bold magentas and aquas.
A few weeks back I did a post on office chic where my outfit had splashes of neon. Check it out! As you can see, a few neon pieces go a long way and add that extra umph to your outfit.
NEON MUST HAVES: chunky accessories, bags, statement heels, and skinny jeans. WHY? Because they can be worn in so many ways and they spice up any outfit in an instant!
Celebrities who have embraced the NEON trend:
images via: streetglamourtoday.com
As you can seen, NEON can be worn in so many different ways. Fergie’s bright neon peep toe pumps transforms her simple LBD in to a WOW ensemble! From nails, to accessories, to shoes, to jeans, and more, NEON brings so much life to your look.
Here are some fab neon heels:
image via: streetglamourtoday.com
Clockwise: Christian Louboutin, Brian Atwood, Diane Von Furstenberg, H&M,Giuseppe Zanotti and Casadei.
Fun NEON bags are a definite must have for spring:
image via: grassettagillie.com
1) McQ by Alexander McQueen Pink Neon– $675
2) Cambridge Satchel Company Fluoro – $140
3) Nasty Gal Eve Patent Satchel – $60
4) Fred Flare Baggu Neon Backpack – $40
5) Marc by Marc Jacobs Neon Croc-effect Bag– $495
6) Nasty Gal Eve Patent Satchel – $40
7) Bloomingdales “Little Neon Bag” Tote– $25
Now, I couldn’t leave you without showing you this weeks NEON inspired nailart:
Here’s how you get the look:
1. SEPHORA BY OPI NAIL LACQUER IN “FLURRY UP”
2. CHINA GLAZE NAIL LACQUER IN “YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI”
3. CHINA GLAZE NAIL LACQUER IN “FLIP FLOP FANTASY”
4. SALLY HANSEN “DRIES INSTANTLY” TOP COAT
5. SALLY HANSEN FRENCH MANICURE NAIL STRIPS
Embrace the traffic stopping NEON trend!